Ringo: Peace & Love To Premier At The GRAMMY Museum® June 12, 2013 and Tour Selected Cities Through 2014
This one-of-a-kind, limited-run exhibit will offer visitors an unprecedented in-depth look at all aspects of Ringo's musical and creative life - as a musician, artist, actor, and as the man the world knows and loves simply as 'Ringo.'
It will also aim to propel Ringo's universal message of peace and love.
Ringo: Peace & Love is both the first major exhibit ever dedicated to a drummer and the first to explore the extraordinary career of the 7-time GRAMMY Award® winner.
The scope of exhibit spans Ringo's early life growing up in Liverpool, from Raving Texans turned Rory Storm, from The Beatles, to becoming a solo artist and then to the All Starrs with whom he is on tour now - this unique collection brings together diverse artifacts, rare and never before seen photographs, documents, personal letters and footage.
The exhibition will feature:
- The drum kit Ringo played at Shea Stadium
- The drum kit he played on the Ed Sullivan show
- Ringo's Sgt Pepper Suit
- The cape he wore in Help!
- The Red Jacket worn during the filming of The Beatles' rooftop concert
- Personal letters, photographs and documents from the Starkey family and Ringo's days with the Beatles
It will also be an interactive exhibit, where visitors can take a drum lesson with Ringo.